Saturday, September 1, 2007

Another year older


Yesterday was my 26th birthday! I had a good day. We went out to dinner with my whole family. Yesterday was my dad's birthday as well. I was his birthday gift and every year we hear the same story :). As we were sitting around the table, we realized that this would be the last family birthday where it would be just the 6 of us. Within the next few weeks, my brother and his wife will be welcoming a baby girl into the world! All of us are extremely excited...We even placed "bets" on the date and time of the arrival, as well as the weight, and for extra credit, the name we think they'll name her. They've kept this name a secret so well. Even I couldn't get it out of them!!! All of our guesses have been documented, so we shall see in less than a month who was the closest with their predictions!

After dinner, my dad and I opened gifts. We both got some really nice things. Then, since my mom's birthday was the last one we celebrated, it's her job to make the cake for Dad and I. She made us a flourless chocolate cake with real whipped cream. It was amazing!!!

You see, my mom was the one who had to make all of our cakes. A few years back, we thought it would be fun to rotate who makes the cake. So, we decided whoever's birthday was last would be the one to make the next birthday cake. My dad and I get off easy because we get to alternate every other year!! The next official birthday is Baby Reynolds, but we'll skip a cake for her this year. :)

Can you tell I'm excited to be Auntie Em? And, even though he doesn't say it, Sam's getting excited to be this little girl's Uncle Sam :)

3 comments:

Cara Grube :) said...

Uncle Sam and Auntie Em?! How cute are you two?!?! I love it Ü

Happy belated Birthday!

-XOXOX

Cara Grube :) said...

P.S. SUPER cute picture Ü

Emilie said...

Thanks! Yes, my brother and sister-in-law let us know they were pregnant by giving us shirts with pictures of Auntie Em from the Wizard of Oz, and Uncle Sam. Mine said, "All our baby needs is its...(and then on the back:)Auntie Em! Sam's said, "We want YOU to be our baby's uncle!" And on the back it says Uncle Sam. We'll be wearing them when we meet our niece for the first time!