Okay, I haven't written about this in the blog yet because I've been pretty bummed about it, but we're all friends here, right? Most of you know that Inver Grove Heights closed a school and left me, and others, without a job. I looked and stressed, and stressed and looked ALL summer long to find an elementary teaching position. I had a few interviews, but because there are SO many new teachers, and fewer and fewer job openings, nothing really worked out. Every time I think about it, I get very emotional, like I wasn't good enough or something. I know that's not the case.
So, I started looking for preschool jobs seeing as though I worked in a preschool during college and I have 3 years of experience in the elementary setting. I got phone call after phone call from directors wanting to interview me. So I did, and now I have a job at a preschool 6 miles away from our house. I've been told that I'm way over qualified, but instead of doing something not in my field of work, I thought I'd keep my thoughts focused toward teaching, no matter what age level. I know it's not what I want to do forever. This job is just a stepping stone to something even better. I have to keep telling myself that! It's even crossed my mind to go back to school to get my master's degree in early childhood education so that I'd be licensed in Pre K-8th grade. It's got to open up some more doors for me, right?
If only graduate school was free... :)
On a lighter note, Sam and I have decided to work at my aunt and uncle's apple orchard this fall. So, every weekend, Sam will be giving tractor rides through the orchard down to the pumpkin patch and to the new corn maze. I'll be working in the shop, keeping the shelves stocked and making sure my mom and dad stay out of trouble! My mom and dad work weekends too. My mom makes homeade apple doughnuts and my dad gives samples of the freshly ground, homeade honey roasted peanut butter! We start this weekend, so I'll be sure to post some pictures as soon as I can.
Finally...
**Baby Reynolds Update*** No baby yet, but in our "bet," Sam's out of the running. He thought Shanna would give birth on September 5th to a baby girl named Charlie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I had no idea an IGH school was closed!
~Beth as in Beth Seidl (now Johnson)
Post a Comment