It's amazing:
How we met. . . at a nightclub and he couldn't even remember my name (I know it's starts with an "S"),
Dated . . . I wasn't completely thrilled with him in the beginning. He'd come over while his friend and my friend went out for dinner. I knew he was a keeper when he stayed up late into the night hot gluing pipe cleaners onto snowflake ornaments I made for my students,
The proposal . . . Sam surprised me in my classroom in front of my second grade students. He brought me a bouquet of orchids and got down on one knee and proposed. **Cue the 7 and 8 year old gagging as we kissed** I've been told that the commotion in my room could be heard all over the school. I had teachers coming down to make sure I was okay!
The engagement . . . Went so quickly with all the wedding planning! It's so sad to think that those months are gone in the blink of an eye.
The wedding . . . Was perfect. We had our family and friends there to help us celebrate this special time in our lives. We even had those gagging second graders there too :). They sang two special songs during the ceremony. This was a day we'll never forget!
Our honeymoon . . . Spent in Puerto Vallarta. I would go back in a heartbeat! Even in August when it's hot and humid! It was so relaxing and a great time for it to be just Sam and me.
Years One and Two . . . we spent great times with friends and family, looked at over 80 houses until we found ours, moved into our first home, traveled, spent more great times with friends and family, started new jobs, ended jobs, started new jobs, got promotions, and learned more and more about each other.
Year Three. . . That's yet to be written. . . Stay tuned :)
Thank you to those of you who have been a part of our lives in some way or another, whether you are the person who was there when we first met and dated; or you were there when Sam proposed or throughout our engagement; or you attended our wedding; or if we've spent time together throughout the years. You are so very special to us and who we are today.

7 comments:
Just an observation...
The fact that you are still on your "honeymoon years" two years in is a total testament of how lucky you both are and how perfect you are for each other.
Happy anniversary to the both of you!
I don't know why this thing is saying my name is "a", but it's from will.
Happy Anniversary! I can hear the bagpipes playing everytime I think of your wedding. We will toast to your third in LV in less than a week!
Whew! Thanks for clearing that up, Will! I was wondering who you were :) See you at Quentin and Ryan's wedding?
Also....I didn't realize you read our silly blog!
Karen-
Thank you! It was so weird....At the Relay for Life, not only did I run into the minister who married us, but the same bagpiper who played at our wedding also played during the luminaria lighting ceremony! It was cool and kinda freaky at the same time! Small world, I guess...
Congrats on 2 years!!
Sorry I missed it a few days ago, but Congratulations! Here's to many happy years to come :)
Post a Comment