Saturday, January 26, 2008

Will Warmth Ever Come?!?!?

I've had enough! I'm ready for temperatures over 30 degrees! In the past month, we've seen more below zero temperatures than I want to count. Even now, as I'm typing, I have to stop and warm my hands. It needs to be spring...now.
My ever-frugal husband thinks the thermostat should be set at 62 during the night and while we're at work, and 68 when we are home. All winter long, I've complained about it, but when he checked our heating/electricity bill online today, I can see why he's been so stingy with the heat.
If we wouldn't have signed up for a budgeted bill, our bill for January would be over $300!!!
Yet another reason, we need to have spring so that we can ease up on the heat.
Note---everyone in Minnesota is excited about our big "warm up" coming up on Sunday/Monday. Our high will be in the low 40s with rain. Then on Tuesday/Wednesday, the highs are in the mid-teens....
Rain + mid-teens= slippery commute=longer commute=cranky me!
I'll stop complaining now, and go curl up under some blankets!
One highlight in my next week is spending time with our niece, Natalie. Blair and Shanna's 2nd anniversary is on Tuesday and we are lucky enough to be able to play with Natalie while they celebrate! I'll be sure to have some pictures to post by then!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't the weather fun?!
Our heating bill for mid December - mid January was $275!

We keep it at 68 when we are home, 65 at night and 62 while we are at work.

Emilie said...

Brrrrrr!!! It can be spring now! -40 below zero is not fun!!!!
I promise I won't complain mid-summer when it's sweltering hot!!! :)