Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Brrr.

Have you ever felt like you've been SO busy but have nothing to ever show for it? That's how I feel. We've been busy with little stuff, but really no pictures or cute stories to share. I do have some pictures from a few weekends ago when Sam's friends were in town (I wonder when I'll start calling them "our friends"?) Other than that, there's nothing for me to post about. Boring.
I do have to share one small story from this weekend. We were coming home from OUR friends house and we walked in the door and felt how noticeably cold it was in here. I went to check out the thermostat and it was almost 10 degrees colder in here than what we had it set for during our overnight setting! Not good! So at midnight it's 54 degrees. I find as many blankets as possible and we hunker down for the night. When we wake up, it's now 48 degrees in the house. BRRR. We called a few heating/ac places and luckily got a hold of one on a Sunday. Long story short, we got the ignitor fixed and by the evening, it was back up to a normal temperature. The temp got as low as 45 degrees before we got it fixed, so I was in a mood.

2 comments:

Cara Grube :) said...

Holy crap, that IS cold! Our power was out for 7 days a few winter's ago and our house got down to 38 degrees (that's as low as the thermostat would go, so it may have actually been colder!)...we finally ended up staying at my parent's house when we could see our breath inside ours :)

Emilie said...

That sounds awful!!! I'm so lucky I have a handy man here...Otherwise I'm not sure what we would have done!

(BTW, now that we have our iPhones, I barely spend anytime on the computer! Sorry it's taken me so long to moderate your comment!)