We just haven't had much to blog about...
We have been busy: babysitting Natalie for a weekend, working in the yard, getting together with friends and family, grilling out, etc, but the only pictures I take now are from my iPhone. I suppose I can download them to the blog, but it never seems to get done!
I have 23 days left of school (woo hoo!) and will have a job next year (another woo hoo!). Sam's been busy at work. We spent the evening over at Adam and Emily's house on Friday and Sam spent most of the time on the computer fixing problems...(boo). At least he's keeping busy; it's just not during business hours!
My 10-year high school reunion is coming up in just about a month. It will be fun to see people from high school, but the uncertainty of what people are doing is gone because of social networking sites like Facebook. It will be a good time, though!
Oh! I almost forgot! Cleo is a drama queen! Or did you already know that :) The weekend we spent watching Natalie, she was scheduled to go to a kennel overnight while we were at a wedding. The morning of the wedding, about 3 hours before we were set to go, Cleo starts doing something that sounds like she's hyperventilating. I looked it up and found out that it's "reverse sneezing" and dogs do that when they are stressed out or anxious about something. She was doing it A LOT, however, and we were afraid that the kennel wouldn't take her if they thought she was sick. We called the vet and they let us come in and get her checked out. They couldn't pinpoint anything that was wrong, but to be on the safe side, they kept her overnight in an isolated room (so that other dogs wouldn't get whatever she had, plus that allowed us to go to the wedding!). She has antibiotics and cough medicine that she is taking for two weeks. Anyway, here is where I think she's a drama queen: We get back from the wedding, pick her up from the vet and bring her home. She's absolutely fine. The next morning, we are back to a regular routine of getting ready before work. Sam is in the kitchen playing with her, then he goes into the bathroom to get ready. The MINUTE he shut the door, she started the "reverse sneezing"!!! She did it for a minute and then stopped. She tried to start again and I shouted, "Hey! Knock it off!" and sure enough, she did! She was mid-sneeze and she put her head down (as if she were ashamed of herself) and went to her food bowl and ate her breakfast.
Can you tell who spoils her?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment