On Saturday, Shanna and my mom came over to bake a few kinds of Christmas cookies with me. Both Shanna and I wanted to learn how to make some of my mom's traditional goodies. While we were busy baking, the boys and little Natalie watched some TV downstairs. Sam, Blair, and my dad also went out and picked out our first REAL Christmas tree. They did such a great job! I wanted to be there to help them out, but there's only so much time in a day and in order to get some things done, we have to multi-task.
My mom taught Shanna and I how to make English Toffee (tastes like a Heath bar), Nutmeg Yule-logs, and Swedish Sandwich Cookies. The sandwich cookies are very time consuming, but oh so good. The yule-logs are pretty easy and I love that they taste like egg-nog. The English Toffee is the easiest and very tasty too!
I hope to get together with them again and make some more Christmas treats.
By the way...the pictures make me look mad...I think I was just really concentrating on what I was doing! :)




After we were done baking, we had dinner and then we filled and frosted the cookies. Natalie was just too darn cute, so I had to take a break and take her picture:)



No comments:
Post a Comment