Monday, October 5, 2009

Enough Procrastinating!

I have been avoiding the blog like the plague because I know I have WAY too much to catch up on! Too many pictures, too many events...I shouldn't have put it off, but I did. I'll give you the condensed version...Not as many pictures as I wanted to add, but it will have to do to keep me current.
End of August: My 28th birthday and my dad's birthday and 20 weeks along. Had a great day, but had the first day of workshops on my birthday. It was nice to be back at school, but definitely hard to get into the routine of waking up so early after sleeping in during the summer!

September: Beginning of school, replacing our front steps, the birth of our friends' baby, Eric and Krista's wedding, and Natalie's 2nd birthday. So many special days, so little time! School is going great, but it's exhausting. Our front steps project was more in depth than Sam and I wanted it to be. It was pretty much smooth sailing throughout September. Our friends, Dave and Michelle, welcomed their first baby, Rylee Paige, into the world! We hope our girls will be lifelong friends :) Our friends Eric and Krista got married on September 12th. It was a beautiful wedding! We were happy to help celebrate their special day. My little niece, Natalie, turned two! She is such a cutie and full of personality! She had a special birthday with immediate family on both sides, and Strawberry Shortcake of course :).

October: The step project finally is done! After an injury and a few unauthorized fixes, the steps are finally done. Needless to say, it doesn't feel like our project anymore, but they are done nonetheless. The rest of our household projects will be put on hold for a while and will be done by Sam and myself or professionals. I don't have any pictures of the completed project as yesterday was spent mostly taking care of my injured husband, but once the sun comes out, I'll snap a few pictures. Another couple who's close to our hearts got married on October 3rd! Adam and Emily got married and we had a great time helping them celebrate their nuptuals! Finally, there is a picture of me from just a few minutes ago. It seems like my belly shot out a ton in the last week or two. Little Girl LeCompte (did I mention we found out we're having a girl?!?!) is kicking away and moving around like crazy. She likes 9-10pm the best and also after I eat ice cream...Surprised? I think not...




Well that gets us to today. This week will bring testing at school, a few early conferences, dinner with friends, Sam's mom, aunt, two cousins, and baby Willy, and my brother Blair's birthday! Next week brings parent/teacher conferences, a few days off, then Sam's 10 year high school reunion. The following week should be pretty calm...a monthly doctor's appointment with a glucose screening, an elective 3D/4D ultrasound on October 24th (SO excited for this), and that pretty much brings us to the end of the month. By then, I'll be 29 weeks along and into my third trimester!

2 comments:

Cara Grube :) said...

Thanks for the update! You look absolutely adorable! :)

sarah.cook said...

Emilie... I love catching up! So bummed I missed out on seeing you when I was home and look forward to meeting your bundle of joy when I come home again!! I have not updated my blog in awhile either so I am on the same boat as you:) Hope the 3rd trimester flies by and you are able to nest your little heart out!