
Today is the last full day of having this large needle-bearing tree in our front yard! Please, don't get me wrong, I love trees and the more foliage the better, but this tree does not look healthy and we want to avoid any insurance claims in the future just in case of a bad storm or large gusts of wind. The removal of the tree will bring more light into the house, which will reduce our usage of heat. It will also brighten up the appearance of our front yard, and maybe grass will even grow in the area around where the tree now stands.
We plan to plant some sort of shrub or bush in the planter that exists around the tree now. I know it will look a lot better!
Tomorrow, I'll post some pictures of the team cutting the tree down as well as some "after" pictures.
Below are a few pictures of the asters I bought from Apple Junction, my aunt and uncle's orchard (and the place we had our rehearsal dinner). I love the three different shades of purple! Let's see if I can keep them alive longer than the mums from last year....There's talk of a freeze tonight, so I'll have to cover them up before I go to bed.



No comments:
Post a Comment