Sue, Lisa, Georgann, and Sara (in front)
Sue, my teaching mentor, and me
Sue and Georgann
Kelly and me (plus Carol and Lane :) )
After school on the last workshop day, my teaching mentor and prior collegue, Sue had an "End of the Year" party for all the Hilltop staff. She was nice enough to invite me too since I had once been part of the Hilltop staff. It was a nice opportunity for me to see people I hadn't seen in a year and catch up with them.
Sue retired this year, so it was also a great time for me to spend a little more time with her. Of course we'll get together for lunch or on the weekends sometime, but it won't be the same as having her down the hall to go and chat with.
This summer, I'll be teaching kindergarten for summer school at Hilltop. I'll be teaching in Lisa's room (see above). Georgann is a Title I paraprofessional and I worked with her my last year at Hilltop. Sara is the teacher I first long term subbed for when she had her first baby. Kelly's also a friend from Hilltop and, while we never taught the same level, we became friends through the State of Minnesota's teaching mentor program and through MaryAnn, who's not pictured (sorry, MaryAnn!)
I'm off to get ready and meet with my summer school teaching team. We're going to be planning our, "Bug Safari"!

No comments:
Post a Comment