Monday, May 26, 2008

A LONG weekend

Sam "Before" (You gotta love the shirt)

Halfway done pulling out floorboards
The other half
The little nook above the dining room
Sam's mom, Kris, installing the insulation
The view from the other end of the room
Complete!!!
Sam "After"


This weekend was a long, but productive weekend. It started out with me staying home sick. I've been under a lot of stress with a deadline for all of my paperwork, and once it was turned in, I think my body gave in to a little bug. I'm glad I stayed home and rested up because little did I know what awaited us on Saturday!


Sam's parents came to help us install insulation in our attic. We recently had central air installed, so we thought it would be a good idea to insulate so we aren't "cooling the neighborhood." We weren't aware of what was up in the attic until we got up there...Lots of junk, lots of packaged insulation (needing to be installed), and floorboards to be pulled up in order to get the job done right. What we thought would have taken a couple hours on Saturday ended up taking about 12 hours!


We cleaned, we threw things out (out the window, as the hole to get into the attic is very small), Sam and his dad pulled up floor boards, I lugged insulation from our garage into the house, through the house, up through the little hole where Sam's mom would take it and then lay it down. Keep in mind, this was the nicest day of the weekend, and we were up in a stuffy, dirty attic!


After the installation was complete, we ate the dinner I prepared, then sat out in the front yard and pulled nails out of all the floorboards we threw out the attic window. By 9pm, we were about done, and in need of showers!!! Note the "before" and "after" pictures of Sam.


Thank goodness it's done. The only unfortunate thing is that there's nothing to show for it!

No comments: